Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine Fools Day



I know many would have exclaimed on reading this, but I mean it.

Atleast in the current context yes its a fools day.

Yes I am not in for Rapid westernization of thoughts. I am not against lifestyles, because its ones own opinion, how to live with it, but a few western fundamentals really confuse me and ridicule me.

Other day I was reading Aashi's thread on Valentine week

Cant comment about everything, but yes for me my propose day, rose day, etc. would be the day I actually proposed, or gave my first rose respectively. Will i wait like a moron for these dates to approach so that I can propose, give a rose, teddy, chocolates, hugs, kisses and what not; do I have to check the calendar for this.

Expression of love is something which has to be felt all the time; if I make my woman feel special on valentines and for the rest of the year I sit back comfortably, does that mean a thing.

Moreover in the current Indian scenario with elections approaching and the absurd "senas" across India at their peak, who are waiting to gain mileage from Valentines is it sensible to go out in the wild with your love, cant u cherish your love some other day, is celebrating love on a particular day more important than your love being safe.
Think about it.

Its not just valentines; for me i dont understand mothers , fathers, sons, daughters, etc days
These relations grow all the time and have to be expressed all your life, you cannot mark a day, was done in the west because they dont have time.

Our Indian festivals do the same in a much better way where there is a gathering to make us all happy, however we are fast drifting away from it.

I know I have offended many, but be safe on this valentine, so that you don't have to mark Valentines day as a black day in your life

No comments: